Welcome To My Blog

Book reviews ... Author interviews ... and anything else I think might be of interest to writers and readers.

Thursday 15 October 2009

Heaven Can Wait



But you don't have to any more.

Cally Taylor's amazing debut novel - Heaven Can Wait - is published today!

I read it a while ago, and I can tell you - it's absolutely brilliant. Touching, warm, funny and believable.

I'll be doing a proper review for Bookersatz soon, but meanwhile, you don't need to know what I think! Read it yourselves. I've even put an Amazon link in my sidebar to make it easy for you.

Cally will be on this very blog next week being interviewed by my cats, so please don't miss that. They'll be talking about fish, catching mice and possibly even Cally's novel.

You can also pop over to Cally's website to find out about an amazing competition she's running to coincide with the launch.

Cally's blog was one of the first writing blogs that I started to read when I started writing and set up this blog. Now, I'm just so, so pleased for her today and so proud to know her and (to be honest) a bit emotional. Cally - congratulations you total star!

7 comments:

Karen said...

It's so exciting, isn't it? My copy should be arriving tomorrow and I can't wait to get stuck in :o)

DJ Kirkby said...

Looking forward to Cally being interviewed by the cats, I expect Jasper will ask some good quesitons!I was planning on going to Cally's book launch, had childcare sorted and everything and then I found out my op date is 2 days before so I won't be able to make it. I am so gutted.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I can't wait for the interview with the cats, and for my book to arrive, I may have to start stalking the postman.

Queenie said...

I knew it would be good, and am looking forward to reading it myself.

Tamsyn Murray said...

Fab - Will the mogs turn out to be as insightful as Le Paxman? Can't wait to find out!

Carol said...

I've heard a lot of good things about her book so will definitely be buying a copy!! Looking forward to the moggy interview :-)

C x

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

I'm really looking forward to reading this.

XX