Welcome To My Blog

Book reviews ... Author interviews ... and anything else I think might be of interest to writers and readers.

Friday 11 October 2013

Competitive Edge



From the January 2014 issue of Writers' Forum, I'll be taking over the competition page from the wonderful Sally Quilford who has been running it for five years now. We've decided to rechristen the pages 'Competitive Edge', because that's what we're hoping to give readers of Writers' Forum through the information and competition listings.

As I prepare to take over the page, I want to hear from you!

I want to hear from people who are entering writing competitions and have something to say about them. I want to hear from people who have won or been placed in writing competitions about how they did it, and how it has helped them with their writing career. I'd particularly like to hear from people who have unusual stories. Maybe you had a story you couldn't give up on and rewrote and sent out several times before getting a win or a placing. Or maybe you had a go at a competition that took you right out of your comfort zone and ended up doing really well.

Please also feel free to get in touch with any questions you have about the subject of writing competitions. I'll try to cover as many of these on the page as possible.

I also want to hear from organisers and judges who have great competitions to promote. So please get in touch (three months in advance) if you'd like to request for your competition to be listed. I'd love to hear about any unusual or innovative competitions out there as well.

If you want to get in touch you can email the competition pages at competitiveedge(at)writers-forum(dot)com

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.


4 comments:

Sherri said...

Great news, Helen. I know you'll do a grand job.

Anonymous said...

Very best wishes with this, Helen. I'm already looking forward to the January edition of WF!

Clair Humphries said...

Looking forward to this, Helen.Always handy to have a comp calendar to check regularly :)

HelenMWalters said...

Thanks everyone. It's an exciting new venture for me!