Welcome To My Blog

Book reviews ... Author interviews ... and anything else I think might be of interest to writers and readers.

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Tears and Laughter and Happy Ever After



I'm very pleased to announce my involvement in this collection of short stories. I've been working on it for the last few weeks with some of the best short story writers I know.

‘Tears and Laughter and Happy Ever After’ is a vibrant and varied collection of stories from writers who between them have had hundreds of short stories published in women’s magazines in the UK and around the world! Contributors have also won or been placed in dozens of competitions, published novels and written non-fiction for many UK magazines.

As the title suggests, the twenty-six stories encompass the dizzying heights of happiness, the heartbreaking depths of sadness and every emotion in between. Within the pages of this book you’ll meet a housewife with a surprising secret, a beekeeper with a problem and an undertaker with something unusual on his mind. You’ll also encounter angels, ghosts, aliens and many other intriguing characters. And, in the end, you may just find the path to happy ever after.

The idea for this book came from the successful ‘A Story A Fortnight’ writing group which brought the writers involved together in a project that has inspired and supported them in their short story writing.

Who’s been up to ‘Monkey Business'?

What's happening in 'The House At Summer's End’?

Who is 'The Girl In The Yellow Dress'?


If you want to know, you have to read ‘Tears and Laughter and Happy Ever After’.


You can follow us on Twitter @tears_laughter
You can join our Facebook page

We are aiming to release the book in Kindle format next month and in paperback by the end of the year. We'll be launching a website soon, but meanwhile keep an eye on Twitter and Facebook for news.

While I'm on the subject of short story collections, you can find my review of the 'Women Aloud' audiobook on Bookersatz now.

4 comments:

Sue Guiney said...

This looks great. have you thought about sending it to Tania Hershman for review in her Short Review blog?

Brad Wirz said...

Hey Helen!

I just ran across your blog and decided to contact you about my new philanthropic organization called Gone Reading International.

We market a line of gifts for readers and donate 100% of company profits to fund new libraries in the developing world. You can read more about us at www.GoneReading.com.

Any chance you can mention us in your blog???

We’re finding that readers love what we’re doing, but spreading the word on a philanthropic budget is a challenge! Let me know what you think, and thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Brad

P.S. If doing a simple link swap works better for you, that’s certainly fine by me. Just let me know!

HelenMWalters said...

Hi Brad

I'd need more information before I could make a decision about something like that and can easiy be contacted via the email on my profile page.

D.J Kirkby said...

Congratulations! I will be buying a copy of course.